Thanksgiving is 1 day away and if the thought of making homemade pies is just a bit overwhelming right now, I have two great recipes that will WOW your guest and take just 5 minutes to put together.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and remember to stop by Mrs.Gs on Saturday, November 29th for Shop Local Saturday! I will be in the store to assist with any culinary questions you may have and get ready, next week we start on Holiday Entertaining Recipes.
Here is a quick way to get the great taste of Pumpkin Cheesecake with just 15 minutes, a few ingredients, and a store baked pumpkin pie.
- 1 10 inch baked pumpkin pie
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Pre heat oven 350 degree F
- 1. In a medium bowl combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over top of pie.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter.
- 3. Sprinkle graham cracker topping around outside edge of pie, pressing slightly.
- 4. Bake pie for 8 to 10 minutes, just until sour cream is set and crumb topping is slightly brown and toasted.
- 5. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- 6. Refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
This pie is a combination of two of my favorite holiday pies: Pecan and Sweet Potato. It’s so easy to put together too. Start with a frozen, unbaked Sweet Potato Pie and then top it with a yummy pecan streusel. The nutty crumb topping and a sweet spiced custard filling make this a perfect ending to your holiday meal.
- 1 10 inch frozen unbaked sweet potato pie
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced, cold
- Toss the pecans with brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Add the butter, and using a pastry blender or your fingertips, work until you have small clumps. Set aside.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- 1. Place frozen pie in oven and bake pie for 45 minutes, until filling is almost firm.
- 2. Remove the pie from the oven and sprinkle the Pecan Streusel over the top, covering the pie completely.
- 3. Return the pie to the oven and bake until the filling is just a bit wobbly in the middle and the pecan streusel is golden, 10 to 15 min. The total baking time should be 55 to 60 minutes.
- 4. Cool the pie on a wire rack. The pie is best served either at room temperature or cold.