With Passover approaching, our good friend Rabbi Goldenberg, from Chabbad of Lawrenceville, came back for cooking demo to prepare some favorite Passover recipes. Rabbi G prepared matzah ball and his mother’s secret no-fuss gefilte fish. Whether you’re celebrating Passover or just have an interest in traditional Jewish food, you’ll enjoy Rabbi G’s matzah recipe below.
But here’s a quick tip: Before you roll the mixture into balls, coat your hands in oil or just wet them. That will help improve the shape of your matzah balls.
- • One cup of matzah meal
- • One teaspoon salt
- • 1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- • ½ teaspoon baking powder
- • 4 eggs
- • 4 tablespoons oil
- • (Optional: pinch of garlic powder, teaspoon of parsley)
- 1. Mix all dry ingredients
- 2. In separate bowl, mix oil and eggs
- 3. Pour the liquid mixture into bowl with matzah meal
- 4. Refrigerate for one hour
- 5. Make walnut size balls and gently drop into pot of boiling chicken soup or water
- 6. Cover the pot and simmer for half hour