We’re in the countdown to Thanksgiving and the showroom has been filled with the rich aromas of the holiday. This week’s recipe is an adaptation of one made especially for the GE Monogram Built-In Oven with Advantium® Speedcook Technology. This recipe is great to use with leftover cooked turkey from Thanksgiving, but I swapped in ground turkey to give it more of a meatloaf consistency.
Even though this recipe is specific to the Advantium, it is still possible to make in an regular oven. I would suggest to bake at 350 for about 30-35 min, until it’s golden brown on top. Leave in the oven for a little longer if needed.
To go with the squares, I prepared a semi-homemade cranberry sauce by combining ready-made sauce with flavor enhancements like orange marmalade, all spice and ginger. For an alternative, you can add cheddar cheese on top with some green onions and a dollop of sour cream to finish.
Notes on the Advantium: it uses halogen lights on the top of the oven and on the bottom of the oven for even cooking throughout. The food cooks like a conventional oven; the halogen lights have microwave technology to cook evenly and fast while maintaining moisture on the inside. And because it’s a speed oven, it cooks 2-8 times faster than a traditional oven.
If you’re converting a recipe that has traditional temps like 325, it could be a little tricky to figure out which settings or controls to use, but on a whole the oven is user friendly. But you can always email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions on how to adapt your favorite recipes for the Advantium.
- Turkey Squares
- • 3 Cups finely chopped cooked Turkey
- • 2 Cups soft break cubes
- • ½ Cup Celery (finely chopped)
- • ¼ Cup Onion (finely chopped)
- • 3 Eggs, slightly beaten
- • ½ Cup milk
- • ½ Cup chicken broth
- • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- • ½ tsp. poultry seasoning
- • ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- Cranberry Sauce
- • 1 Cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- • 3 Tbsp. Orange Marmalade
- • 1 tsp. prepared mustard
- • ½ tsp. all spice
- • ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, bread cubes, celery, onion, eggs, milk, chicken broth, lemon juice, poultry seasoning and pepper.
- 2. Mix well, spoon mixture into an 8 inch square baking dish.
- 3. Place dish on metal tray, cook for 28-30 min at U=6 L=6 M=4 or until center is set
- Cranberry Sauce
- 1. Combine all ingredients and microwave on high for 1 to 2 min or until heated through.