If you’re planning or attending a Super Bowl party this weekend, and you are looking to make some finger foods (or even food that your kids can help make) then you’ll love these mini taco cups.
You might be familiar with these made with scoop chips, but you can achieve the same result with wonton wrappers. You can adjust the recipe for special dietary restrictions too. Make a gluten free version with baby Romaine lettuce cups; for a vegetarian option, substitute ground beef with 2 (14.5 ounce) cans of Vegetarian Refried Beans.
- • 36 wonton wrappers
- • 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- • 1 (1.12 ounce) package Dry Taco Seasoning Mix
- • ½ cup Taco Sauce
- • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- • ½ fresh red pepper – diced
- • ½ fresh yellow pepper – diced
- • 1 (14.5 ounce) can black beans – drained and rinsed
- • 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- • ¼ cup canola oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2. Lightly brush mini muffin pans with canola oil – this gives you a nice crispy cup.
- 3. Press wonton wrappers into mini-muffin cups.
- 4. Cook beef in skillet until browned, add red and yellow peppers, and black beans. Cook for 3 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning mix, taco sauce and smoked paprika.
- 5. Spoon beef mixture into wonton cups. Top with cheese.
- 6. Bake about 8 minutes or until wontons are golden brown.
- 7. Serve immediately with salsa. Garnish with sour cream, fresh avocado and cilantro leaves if desired. Makes 36 appetizers.