I first posted this recipe on the Cherry Grove Farm blog and then I made it for Mrs. G’s grand re-opening. You can serve it for dessert, warm and topped with vanilla ice cream, or as a first course topped with brie on a bed of greens (I will get some spicy greens from our Urban Cultivator).
A fall treat that's as easy as it's elegant.
Write a review
- Ready-rolled puff pastry cut into 4 -6-inch squares.
- 2 Pears halved, cored and sliced into ¼ inch slices
- One teaspoon butter + butter for melting and brushing
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- One teaspoon brown sugar to sprinkle over galettes
- Option: Buttercup Brie slices, the number of the galette square
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cut puff pastry into 6-inch squares, brush with butter
- Arrange pear slices over pastry, brush with butter, and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven 20 minutes the until the dough is nicely golden-brown.
- Option: Pull out of the oven and arrange the brie slices on top. Return to the oven and bake until brie is soft but not completely runny.
- Drizzle with some honey and serve immediately. Or, if not using brie, top with ice cream and serve.
Mrs. G's Appliance Chef https://appliancechef.mrsgs.com/